Saturday, September 10, 2016

My Pinterest Moment

The last year has been a blur of outdoor projects, home remodeling, hauling limbs, repairing fence, splitting and stacking firewood, thinning out dead brush, hauling dirt--you get the picture. Such is the life of making a new-to-us place, a home of our own.

One of the issues we have with living off a windy dirt road in the woods is people can't always seem to find our house. Even following GPS directions takes some people up the wrong driveway to a neighbor's property.

In the midst of my projects it came to me--like a bolt of sunshine through one of our 80-foot tall Ponderosa pines. We needed something more than just our address number nailed to a tree out front. We needed an identifier, a sign post, an indicator that "yep, you've found the right place."

Sitting on the front porch one afternoon with a 1" x 6" x 15" piece of lumber in hand, it came to me. I grabbed a hammer, pliers, bolt cutters, nails and some barbed wire from a section of fence I repaired earlier that morning. I measured, cut, bent and spelled. When all was said and done, it was finished. I then drilled a couple of holes, put the ladder in my truck and drove to the front of the property. Two nails through the sign and into the tree just above our address number, and it was done.

Now our visitors will know they're at the right place. Of course, they could also turn at the totem pole, but that's an
entire story in itself.

Still, eat your heart out Pinterest!

(By the way, I noticed if you take your mouse and hover over any photo on this blog post, you can pin it to Pinterest. Go figure!)



No comments:

Post a Comment